Director of Development
Kuchinate is a non-profit organization founded in 2011 to empower vulnerable African asylum seeking women in Israel. It is a unique project that combines psycho-social support and arts-based income generation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are a creative, dynamic, and innovative organization seeking someone that shares our values and goals. Kuchinate income generates equally through sales of our products and events and through fundraising. We are seeking a Director of Development who can take Kuchinate to the next level, and develop new avenues of effective fundraising.
The Director of Development will need to identify funding and resource opportunities from multiple sources, as well as maintain strong relationships with our current donors. They will coordinate and manage grant portfolios and also be responsible for all aspects of proposal development. Additionally, the Director of Development will facilitate innovative approaches to mobilizing resources at community, national and international levels.
The Director of Development will work in a multi lingual, multi religious and multi cultural environment where respect for difference is paramount.
The Director of Development reports directly to the Executive Directors.
Stewarding an existing base of donors, including reporting and maintaining relationships with private donors;
fundraising including grant writing and email solicitation letters;
developing project budgets and producing budget reports;
identify and cultivate new donor prospects;
Working closely with staff on project evaluation and monitoring;
helping the executive directors to plan strategically for growing the organization and advancing its goals
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree;
• A minimum of five years of experience in the field of resource development
• Fluent in both English and Hebrew;
• A strong awareness of current issues relating to refugees and asylum seekers in
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Hebrew;
• Computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Publisher and other office software
• Experience with PayPal, Israel Gives and crowdfunding sites;
• Excellent fundraising, networking and partnership development skills;
• Ability to collaborate, analyse, motivate, multi-task and negotiate;
• Experience overseeing the implementation of grants as well as conducting needs
Report to: Executive Director
The position is 50% with an initial six month contract
Closing date for applications: 26/10/20
Start date: 01/11/20
Please send your CV and a cover letter stating why you want to work for Kuchinate to
Please see our website www.kuchinate.com for more information.